And just like that, it’s all over.
A little over a week ago, we asked you — our wonderful, beautiful, ever-dedicated readers who enchant us every hour and every waking day — to toss in your vote for the greatest American venue.
Well, after receiving thousands of responses, we tallied up the list and assembled a top 25. There were a few surprises, even a couple we left off, but your No. 1 choice is hardly shocking: Colorado’s Red Rocks Amphitheater.
Consult the full list below and revisit our colossal compendium here.
25. Great Scott, Boston
24. Terminal 5, New York City
23. The Tabernacle, Atlanta
22. Stubb’s, Austin
21. Alpine Valley Music Theatre, Elkhorn, WI
20. Webster Hall, New York City
19. The Echo, Los Angeles
18. The Wiltern, Los Angeles
17. Lincoln Hall, Chicago
16. Greek Theatre, Berkeley
15. Newport Music Hall, Columbus
14. Madison Square Garden, New York City
13. The Troubadour, Hollywood
12. The Fillmore, San Francisco
11. Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa
10. Metro, Chicago
09. Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD
08. Bowery Ballroom, New York City
07. Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood
06. Codfish Hollow, Maquoketa, IA
05. First Avenue & 7th Street Entry, Minneapolis
04. Ryman Auditorium, Nashville
03. 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
02. The Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA
01. Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, CO