On this edition of Audiography, we feature audio reviews for Animal Collective’s Centipede Hz, their hotly anticipated follow-up to Merriweather Post Pavilion, as well as the debut full-length by Poor Moon, yet another Fleet Foxes side-project, and the return of Tom Tom Club with Downtown Rockers, their latest EP of potential nostalgia.
We also feature a conversation with Amber Coffman, guitarist and vocalist for Brooklyns Dirty Projectors. As the band readied to tour in support of its latest album, Swing Lo Magellan, we caught up with Coffman to discuss not only the new album but the altered approach that band leader Dave Longstreth used in making it. We also discussed how Coffman came to join Dirty Projectors as a full-time member, the bands nod to punk legends Black Flag, and what its like for Coffman to work in the EDM medium with DJ/producers like Diplo and Rusko.
01. Animal Collective Todays Supernatural (excerpt), Monkey Riches (excerpt)
02. Poor Moon Holiday (excerpt), Phantom Light (excerpt)
03. Tom Tom Club Wont Give You Up (excerpt), Kissin Antonio (excerpt)
04. Dirty Projectors Gun Has No Trigger (Swing Lo Magellan)
05. Dirty Projectors The Sophisticates (Swing Lo Magellan)
06. Dirty Projectors Rise Above (Rise Above)
07. Dirty Projectors & Bjork Beautiful Mother (Mount Wittenburg Orca)
08. Major Lazer w/ Amber Coffman Get Free (Free the Universe)
Audiography Episode 053 – “Amber Coffman (of Dirty Projectors)”
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Ben Kaye, Adam Kivel, Bryant Kitching, Jake Cohen, Nick Freed
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!